Cooking Biryani is tedious and quite expensive hence I tried to make it easier by cooking it in the electric cooker.- Hazel.
Ingredients: 8 servings
- 4 cups Jasmine Rice (cheaper option than Basmati)
- 1 whole Chicken (cut into 8pcs)
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 whole Onion (big)
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 3 pcs Tomatoes (cubed)
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Biryani Masala
- 2 pcs Chicken broth cubes
- 5-10pcs Cardamon pod
- 1 stick Cinnamon sticks
- 4 pcs Bayleaf
- 3-4 pcs Star Anis
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash 4 cups rice and soak for 30-45 minutes.
- Marinade chicken with yogurt, turmeric, onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, chili powder, garam masala, chicken biryani masala, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, bayleaf and star anis. Then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drain soaked rice, until dry.
- In a rice cooker, put the marinated chicken first topped with the drained rice.
- Add about 4-5 cups of water and Chicken cubes.
- Add butter to avoid having sticky rice.
- Optional : Top with Parsley and Fried Onions.
Ready to serve Yum Yum!!
Yes,this recipe shared and prepared by our chef in the house Hazel (link down below). The taste is the same as usually cooked in the stove and order in a restaurant, even the smell (perfect). Only different is the rice that she used. Try this at home and share to your family and friends. ENJOY!!
What other food discoveries can you share with us?Try this recipe and share us your comment below.
till next time!!! 🙂