Today we will bring you simple, savory and delicious delicacy. Our Chicken Curry Filipino Style. This dish remind me of my childhood days. When I was a teen, they cooked this rarely. When I tried to taste it, I was wondering and start to think how they cook this staff. My little head became curious. So, what I did, when every time they cook. I’m always beside them. Looking on how they prepare the ingredients and watching the step by step procedure. Until one day, I went to palengke “market” alone and suddenly I picked the carrots and potatoes.Just out of know where, I just really wanted to cook my own Chicken Curry.
But now, I’m preparing this dish for a reason. One, our curry came from Philippines. Two, welcome dish for my babe (OMAN). and three, my babe was craving for chicken curry a very long time. Hence, last Thursday night we made this.
- 1 kilo chicken, chopped
- Yellow curry powder
- 2 big potatoes, chunk
- 2 big carrots, chunk
- 1 can coconut milk (fresh is better)
- red and green bell pepper, cube (Optional)
- 4 garlic
- 1 onion
- fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- cooking oil
3.In a large pan, fried the chicken. til the skin become brown.
4.Saute the ginger, garlic and onion. about 2 minutes.
5.Add the chicken chopped and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Add the coconut milk, cook for minute before stirring. Then put the carrots.
7. Add the curry powder and fish sauce.
8. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Last put the potatoes and bell peppers and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Season with salt and ground pepper.
Ready to serve Yum Yum!!!
It’s perfect for your family and friends.ENJOY!!!
What other food discoveries can you share with us?Try this recipe and share us your comment below.
Don’t forget to share :)till next time!!!
“To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” ~William Londen