It’s been such along time we ate this Filipino dessert delicacy.
We thought that mangoes has the same taste. Honest to goodness, in the Philippines you can find exact mango that suit to this recipe. The Philippine mango have sour (green) and sweet(yellow) flavor. The taste itself is so refreshing and unique, especially on summer day. If you have trouble finding the right mangoes, you can still use any mangoes you can find as long as they are nice and ripe.
We called this Mango Float or Grahams Mango Cracker commonly seen during Christmas and birthday parties. You can make cake or mix it up with some exciting ingredients.
Mango float is very quick, easy, and cheap to make. No baking necessary. Also, you can use this as a bonding time to your kiddos.
The procedure of this is same as from previous blog (Summertime Dessert) which is using of condensed and cream. However, always 1 is to 2 to avoid to much sweetness.
Our main ingredient is fresh from Philippine brought to by (Hazelle) heisushi.wordpress.com. She also helped us to make this delicious dessert.
Now, let’s make amazing Mango Float or Grahams Mango Cracker .
- At-least 3 – 4 big yellow mangoes
- 2 cream
- 1 condensed milk
- whipping cream (optional)
- 2 pack of graham cracker
- Wash your Mangoes properly. Peel your mangoes, first. then sliced your mangoes.
- In a chilled bowl, mix the cream and slowly pour the condensed milk into the bowl. Whip to firm peaks.
- Line the baking pan with a layer of graham crackers. Cut the crackers to fit the pan.
- Add your cream mixture to your pan. Pour your sweetened whipped cream mixture into your graham cracker pan. Use any utensil to evenly distribute the mixed cream.
- Add a layer of sliced mangoes. Sprinkle an even layer of sliced mangoes over the mixed cream. If you prefer more mangoes, you can make this layer thicker by adding cream.
- Repeat until you have three layers.
- Cover and chill. Put it in the fridge for at least overnight.
- Chilling your cake will allow the cream to soften the graham crackers. Turn into frosting cake.
- Enjoy! Gently grab small knife and lift the mango float out of the pan. Slice and serve.
What other food discoveries can you share with us?Try this recipe and share us your comment below.
Till next time!!!