People now a days wanted to be healthy.Now,this delicious meal will surely comfort your day. Simple yet yummy and inexpensive.
Last night, our meal was chicken stew or so called “Tinolang Manok”.This dish reminisce my childhood days. My sister (Ate Judie) taught me how cook this easy recipe.
And you know what?This soup is one of the best Filipino cuisine.Because many Pilipino elders taught that, it’s provides sufficient nutrients which need to the body.Also, for moms who look for very affordable and classy.This savory dish will help you.
Ingredients: serving size 5 – 6 person.
- 1 whole chicken, (native chicken, optional)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic, chopped
- 2 stick of melon grass
- 10 whole corn pepper
- 5 – 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 bundle of spinach/sili leaves/moringa
- 2 big green papaya/chayote
- 3 sili (optional)
- 1/4 liver of chicken (optional)
- add salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute ginger, garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken, till slightly golden brown. (optional, add gradually the liver. Cook for 3-4 minutes).
3. Put the papaya, whole pepper and melon grass, cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Season with pepper,salt, and add chicken broth. Stir gradually, simmer for 25- 30 minutes.
6. Once the veggies and chicken are tenderize put sili and leaves. Simmer for 2- 4 minutes to cook .
7. Ready to serve with rice and cold drinks Yum Yum!!!
Always remember, the only key to eat is moderation. Have a healthy lifestyle.
Try this recipe and share us your comment below.
Don’t forget to share :)till next time!!! …