One thing I love about experiment is that you come up with many great ideas. The best sample of that is this elegant chicken dish. I’m not the one who cook this super easy friendly meal.
On our previous post,we acknowledge the presence of our food buddy named Hazelle (just follow her on heisushi.wordpress.com). Once again, she gave us permission to blog her recipe.
This chicken had so much flavor that every single one of us went back for seconds. My babe and I went on and on about how good the chicken tasted it was.
During dinner we asked her, “What makes you inspire of doing this dish?”. She replied, “Cause I wanted to surprise papa and we only have chicken in the refrigerator. “ that simple response make sense it all.
Ingredients: serving size 5 – 6 person.
For the Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 pcs whole pepper
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 2 pcs cinnamon bark
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 bunch lemon grass
- add salt to taste
For the Potatoes
- 2 pcs big potatoes
- 40 g of butter
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 60 g butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 pc egg
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil chicken with diced onion, pepper, bay leaf, cinnamon bark, chicken broth, and ginger, until slightly cooked.
2. While boiling, cut potatoes into cubes and season with salt, pepper, red chili powder and garlic, then set aside.
3. In a pan, melt 40g butter and toss seasoned potatoes. Just keep stirring until golden brown.
4. Remove boiled chicken from the pot and slice accordingly to desired size.
5. Season boiled chicken with salt, pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Toss together and bake for 45 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, toss in spicy buttered potatoes inside the oven with the chicken
7.In small pot, prepare the sauce with chicken broth, butter, cream and egg. Whisk together until well incorporated.
8. Then serve with hot white rice and cold drinks 🙂
If you’re tired of the same old chicken, please try this recipe. It’s perfect for your family and friends.ENJOY!!!
How about you, what other food discoveries can you share with us?
Share us your comment below.